Coronavirus Update for Farmer Autocare Customers
24th March 2020
We are classified by the Government as a Critical Industry which will stay open during this National Emergency.
We have heard first-hand over the last week or so, just how important your car is to you in these challenging times. This is especially true for those working for the NHS and other emergency services that are saving lives. We are giving them priority service just now so they are back on the road as soon as possible. We are also looking out for other Essential Workers such as employees of Supermarkets, Pharmacies, Petrol Stations, Post Offices, Banks and Delivery Drivers.
Although we have been trying to keep it business as usual, of course, it’s not any longer.
Our team are on the frontline and can’t work from home. We understand some will need to respond to personal or family challenges dealing with Covid-19. We will support our people as much as possible.
We are following the latest Government Recommendations to protect both our people and our customers. We have implemented a simple 7-point plan for this challenging environment which are displayed in our Centres:-
- We are continually cleaning and sanitising our Reception areas. Please wash your hands regularly and follow other Government Advice about social distancing.
- To avoid you waiting in our Reception areas, we will ask you to leave your car with us. Please do this wherever possible.
- If you need to wait, then please stay in your car until it’s time for work to start.
- When you are in our Reception areas, please remember to keep your distance, remaining 2 meters apart. Protective gloves are available on request.
- Where possible we will ask you to drive your car into the fitting bay. If we need to drive your car, then our people will wear protective gloves.
- We would ask wherever possible you pay by card rather than cash.
- If you are vulnerable or elderly and need extra help, then please contact our Centre Manager.
We are set up to deal with the undoubted challenges that lie ahead for all of us. Never before have our many years of experience and teamwork been so important.
We would ask that you understand this challenging environment in which we are all working.