COVID-19: MOT Rule Change for Cars, Light Vans
If your MOT expires on or after 30th March 2020, The Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) have automatically extended it by 6 months from the original expiry date.
The DVSA state that you’re still responsible for making sure your vehicle is safe to drive and roadworthy. It can be unsafe even if your MOT date has been extended. More DVSA Information here.
That’s why some customers are still choosing to have their MOT carried out just now even although their expiry date has been extended. Alternatively, if you are delaying the MOT, ask us to Service your car or carry out a free Safety Check.
Book your £27.00 MOT now:
If your vehicle is 3 years old or more, you are required by law to have an MOT. The Ministry of Transport test, commonly known as the MOT test, is an annual safety check to ensure the vehicle meets minimum safety standards and levels of exhaust emissions set out by the DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency, formerly VOSA). All of our Scottish MOT Centres can carry out hybrid MOTs.
Why choose Farmer Autocare for your MOT?
- All of our centres are government approved MOT test centres
- Our price of £27 is less than half price of the recommended DVSA cost of £54.85
- Book an appointment online when it suits you; we have daily one hour slots available
- While-u-wait service – relax with a paper, coffee or hot chocolate and enjoy our free WiFi access
- We’ll give you a yearly reminder prior to when your next MOT is due, keeping you legal and safe
- With centres across Scotland we’re your local MOT centre. Whether you need an MOT in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife & Perthsire, or West Lothian, Falkirk & Alloa we are the MOT centre near you.
“I am pleasantly surprised how friendly and knowledgeable all your staff are.” Derek, Glasgow
“I had a great no fuss and efficient service.” Laura, Paisley
“Excellent service and really friendly people.” Jim, Dunfermline
“I searched about and couldn’t find lower prices.” Angie, Clydebank
“I like the fact you can order online and pay in-store.” Andy, Edinburgh
“The Manager and his crew were super polite and professional...” Chris, Alloa
“A great price and very competitive for the area.” Sarah, Perth